Graduate Supply Supervisors
Salary/ Rate: £63-70
Sector / Industry: Secondary - Education
An Academy based within Chesterfield are looking for a number of Graduates to join their team this term, on both a full-time and part-time basis, with the potential for this to become a permanent role if you progress well within school.
This school caters for pupils of secondary ages and you will be given the opportunity to support the whole class, with the support of a teaching assistant, in the absence of the classroom teacher. Ideally you will be placed within the department that matches your experience/skills or degree.
You will be offered a full induction prior to starting the role and will be offered the chance to shadow another member of staff in the same role. You will be supported in using the schools behaviour policies so that you feel fully confident when taking the class.
The school is rated “Good” by Ofsted, has a very supportive SLT and staff team and has good transport links and parking facilities.
- Providing lessons planned by the classroom teacher
- Managing behaviour in the class, supported by a teaching assistant
- Working with small key groups outside of the class
- Offering feedback to the department on students at the end of the day
- Be proactive in looking for the positive behaviours
- Establish early what you expect and what you are looking for
Required Skills & Experience:
- ESSENTIAL - Strong behaviour management
- ESSENTIAL - Experience within a school environment/working with young people
- ESSENTIAL - A “team player” attitude with a positive and flexible approach to work
The Milk Difference:
We are an environmentally-friendly education supply agency providing quality talent to local schools across Chesterfield. Milk Education brings a fresh approach with traditional values to the Education Recruitment Sector.
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Free Lesson Plans.
- Training support sessions.
- Video technology that will increase your chances of long term placements.
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs with 24/7 availability.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation.
Applicants will be subject to variety of checks including: an enhanced DBS check, full references, including from your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.