About Jumeirah & the Hotel
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we'll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah 'Your Place to Shine'.
Steps from Sloane Square and in the heart of the fashion borough, The Carlton Tower - Jumeirah, has an ideal location in one of the most sought after areas of London, with iconic luxury brands as its neighbours. Staying true to its heritage and pioneering nature, The Carlton Tower will reveal its new look and elevated guest experiences in spring 2020.
This is an exciting and rare career opportunity to be part of an exceptional team at an exceptional time. & If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the job:
The Carlton Tower, Jumeirah has an exciting opportunity for a talented Night Manager to perform their craft in our luxurious hotel.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Lead, motivate and develop our night team colleagues to ensure the highest levels of luxury service excellence is achieved at all times &
- To assume responsibility for all activities in the hotel in the absence of executive management
- Engage and build relationships with colleagues, regular guests, first time guests, residents and non-residents, quickly assessing guests needs and flexing style appropriately
- To meet and welcome regular and VIP guests in accordance with Jumeirah and the hotel's Guest Recognition Programmes
- Partner with other leaders within the business to ensure the smooth flow of communication between key departments in order to enhance levels of guest service&
- Monitor guest service interaction activities throughout nights by actively participating in guest interactions where possible
- Demonstrate and lead by example in execution of the service steps
- Sense guest needs and quickly responds to maximum satisfaction (i.e. service coordination and timely execution)
- Ensure Night Audit prepares and audits all cashier documents as outlined in Audit procedures
- To assist in maintaining a high level of security for both guest and hotel property
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Have a passion for delivering outstanding levels of guest service with a proven track record within 5-star luxury hotels
- Have& the ability to manage in a diverse and luxury environment with a focus on guest experience
- Have the ability to remain calm, composed and in control in all situations and be able to effectively handle guest feedback
- Excellent people management skills as a solution focussed leader
- Have strong organisational and time management skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Be commercially focused
- Be a self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Have an outgoing and assertive personality
- Be friendly, approachable and professional
About the benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 33 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental cover (Travel Insurance if applicable)
- Company Pension Scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Excellent training and development opportunities
See descriptionRole: Night Manager - The Carlton Tower, Jumeirah Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.