Starting in September, this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident Primary Teacher to join a school based in Loughborough on a Part time basis, working 4 days a week for the first term intitally but potentail to be extended for the right candidate.
This primary teaching position an Ofsted rated Good Primary school in Loughborough, will provide boundless opportunities to use creative, interactive and engaging teaching methods that encourage pupils to participate in classroom activities actively and develop cognitive, numerical and verbal reasoning skills. This is an inclusive learning environment committed to engaging and inspiring pupils to want to learn.
You will be responsible for teaching all approved national curriculum subjects, from Maths and English through to Music and Physical Education, to pupils aged 7 to 11 years (Key Stage 2).
Leading by example, working closely with colleagues to plan the school's work and with parents to ensure a supportive learning environment both at home and at school, you will be helping the children in your class expand their knowledge and play a positive role in school life.
To be a good fit for a Primary Teacher role you will need to be:
- Positive and outgoing.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Motivational and engaging.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
As a Primary Teacher you will:
- Plan appropriate and effective lessons ensuring all pupils are learning to the best of their ability. Engaging pupils throughout each class period encouraging them to listen, answer questions and complete set tasks or group work.
- Plan your lessons to meet the national guidance set out by the Curriculum for Excellence.
- Keep up to date with changes and developments to the national teaching curriculum.
- Direct the work of learning support and Teaching Assistants (TAs).
- Provide a safe and healthy environment following safeguarding procedures.
- assessment, marking pupils' work and writing reports
- Carry out administrative work, including keeping a register of pupils, updating records and writing reports.
- Set and mark homework recoding completion and individual pupil progress.
- Participate in training and development sessions at the school, partner schools or other training organisations.
- Liaise with parents, senior leaders and external bodies concerning progress, behaviour, child protection and health.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in children's primary education. Your commitment to teaching and developing pupil learning ability will make you an ideal fit for this role. Apply today and stand out for all the traits that make you a great fit.
What we can offer
- Good communication
- A knowledgeable, and honest consultant to help with any queries you may have
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive: