Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £80000 - £90000/annum
An exciting opportunity has become available to join us as a Full-time Associate Specialist / Specialty Doctor at my client's hospital in Norfolk
My client is one of the largest independent providers of specialist mental health treatment and associated care across a range of mental health services. They pride themselves on being a provider of high quality care which is responsive to the changing needs of service users and their Commissioners.
We are looking for an Associate Specialist or Speciaty Doctor (dependent on experience) to work full time (40 hours per week) in order to provide psychiatric care at our fantastic hospital based on the Norfolk coast.
You will be an enthusiastic and committed specialty doctor to join the team and you will closely work with a committed MDT and assist the Consultant Psychiatrist in providing day-to-day medical expertise for care delivery and clinical leadership.
There will be the opportunity to undertake clinically relevant research, audit and contribute to the unit quality improvement initiatives. This post provides an exciting opportunity to work in a specialist service and for the successful candidate to contribute to the development of the services as they respond to the changing healthcare landscape.
The Associate Speciality Docyor will have:
* Full GMC registration along with post registration experience
* Relevant experience within an acute mental health service
* The ability to interview and assess patients whilst making informed decisions in reference to appropriate treatment options
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to write clear comprehensive medical notes
* Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
* Up to date record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
* The ability to work as part of a Multidisciplinary Team
* Desirable: MRCPsych or equivalent
In Return, you will be offered:
* The opportunity to progress to Consultant level
* Fantastic support form our consultants
* A great remuneration
* You will get support with the MRCPsych exams.
* Study leave and CPD opportunities
* Company pension scheme
* Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities