The Community Manager is responsible for managing the business of our client communities and ensuring the client Association’s compliance with local, state, and federal property laws. Work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. but may require additional hours to meet the needs of the client. Must be able to work flexible hours. Serves as the primary contact with the community Board of Directors and as a representative of C.I.A. Services for the community. On average attends 4 to 6 evening meetings per month and occasional weekend events or meetings. The following job description is an overview of the position’s responsibilities, however in order to maintain a "team concept" everyone may be called upon to assist in other areas in order to provide our clients with the best possible service.
Community Managers Job Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs duties necessary to ensure proper and efficient management and operation of the Association and the maintenance and appearance of the common areas.
- Prepares the yearly budget, cash flow analysis and manage the community funds as approved by the board of directors.
- Advises the client Association on local, state and federal compliance with property laws.
- Serves as primary contact for the attorney on legal matters. Provides attorney with any required information needed to proceed with legal issues.
- Prepares agenda for monthly meetings that includes general topics as well as any special discussions or decisions that must be made by the Board of Directors.
- Prepares meeting board packets that include all required information one week prior to meeting.
- Attends the meetings, with the objective to make sure the community runs smoothly and in compliance with all rules and regulations by governing bodies. Prepares minutes of each meeting.
- Acts in accordance with all decisions made by the Board of Directors. Works in conjunction with office support staff to service our clients.
- Oversees the collections process on all accounts receivable. Applies late fees to delinquent accounts in accordance to approved collection procedure. Approves "Notice of Lien Affidavits" to be filed with County Clerk. Provides Board of Directors with recommendations (such as demand letter) on delinquent accounts. Approves "Notice of Release of Lien Affidavits when accounts paid in full.
- Reviews requests for payment plans and proceeds according to Association policy.
- Reviews and approves all incoming accounts payable. Ensures invoices are coded to the proper general ledger account number(s).
- Approves all pending accounts payable prior to disbursement.
- Works with financial manager to ensure that Association financial reports are properly prepared.
- Communicates with the deed restriction inspector regarding all active, new, or recently closed violations; reviews each active violation to determine the next step needed. Makes recommendations to the board for additional follow-up and/or legal action.
- Reviews all home improvement requests from members and ensures that all information required is included. Approves form for distribution to Committee.
- Oversees all maintenance aspects required of Association. Works with Maintenance Coordinator and Board of Directors to establish requests for proposals. Approves all work requests before issuance.
- Determines (through inspections, director communication, maintenance staff communication, and member communications) the maintenance needs of the Association and proceed as necessary.
- Proceeds with decisions made by Board of Directors on maintenance needs.
- Communicates problems or special issues to Association contractors.
- Ensures that contracts and work orders are in place and proper documentation of all maintenance items occurs.
- Ensures that any publications or special events are handled in a timely manner.
- Responds to the needs of the Association members. Communicates with members through telephone calls, letters, and/or meetings. Assists members with any issues they may have.
- Communicates with all entities related to the community, including developers, builders, government agencies, contractors, etc. to meet the needs of the community.
- Ensures Association has all required insurance in place and file claims if necessary.
- Documents communications with owner in RedDog system as appropriate, including notes and/or comments. Follows up as necessary.
- May be required to attend one or more training sessions and/or retreats that may or may not take place over a weekend.
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
COMPETENCIES - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty as described above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Job Technical Knowledge
- Demonstrates proficiency in areas of responsibility
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Uses time and resources efficiently
- Demonstrates commitment to quality, accuracy and thoroughness
Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Collects data and synthesizes information to solve problems
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely mannerExhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness
Business Sense / Customer Service
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Responds well to questions and maintains confidentiality
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Reacts well under pressure
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, including delays or unexpected events
- Manages competing demands
- Sets and achieves challenging goals
- Treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Self-directed; takes initiative as appropriate
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
Language, Math and Reasoning
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, maps, legal statutes, diagrams, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, attorneys, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- Requires High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Public speaking skills a must.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA) or Association Management Specialist (AMS) desired but not mandatory
- Absent these certifications, C.I.A. Services provides continuing education benefits to encourage individuals to obtain certification through Community Associations Institute (C.A.I.).
- Basic Internet skills
- Advanced MS Outlook, Word, Excel and other basic software functions
- Minimal ability to trouble-shoot issues with computerized office equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 40 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, and reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to handle, or feel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, as well as stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet of more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position regularly works in a quiet work environment.
- This position occasionally works in an environment with moderate noise level. (Examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, as well as other outdoor weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to extreme cold or extreme heat.
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
C.I.A. Services, Inc. has been an industry leader in property management for over 30 years serving more than 150 communities.
Role: Single Family Residential Community Manager
Apply for this job now.