The Educate Group are actively looking for a qualified Multi-Sports Coach. Do you…
- posses a relevant sports coaching qualification at Level 3 or above?
- have experience of delivering either in primary schools or to primary aged children?
Multi-Sports Coach required for a local Wrexham primary school. Must be able to commit to 1 day a week until the end of the academic year - July 2021.
prioritise your career development, offering flexible teaching support roles. You
make learning through play, fun - let's work together.
Who are the Educate Group?
The Educate Group is 'Run by Teachers for Teachers'. We're passionate in what we do and this is reflected in the genuine advice and guidance we give to our teachers and support staff. We have a combined 50 years teaching, youth work and senior leadership knowledge - we understand your experiences as a practitioner.
We appreciate your ongoing and ever-changing needs and requirements, and this forms our commitment to finding you a role that works for you!
You will join a company who appreciate the time and dedication needed to develop and nurture their staff. You will immediately notice how we work differently as we ensure you feel like a part of our team - Welcome to Educate!
What will I be expected to do?
You will be responsible for planning and delivering a range of different sports and activities for 4-11 year-olds in groups of up to 25 children, delivering high-energy, fun and inclusive sessions that ensure every child is engaged and makes progress, regardless of their ability.
Activities can include anything from coaching football, tennis and badminton to leading team-building games. Each session is typically (depending on age) 60 minutes long.
What qualifications do I need?
Possess (a minimum) level 3 qualification in one of the following fields:
- Primary or Secondary Teaching
- Sports Coaching
- Physical Education
- Education or Childcare
What skills or qualities do I need?
You will have an interest in coaching and supporting children, an abundance of patience and strong interpersonal skills. You must be empathetic and sensitive to the additional challenges that a young person may be facing that affects their learning.
What experience do I need?
- A passion for working with children and young people
- At least 6 months' consecutive experience working with 4 - 17-year-olds
- At least 3 months' experience coaching a sport, leading games or delivering activities
- A willingness to liaise with school staff
- You'll need to be flexible, with a willingness to adapt
- Possess leadership skills and a vibrant and confident personality
- Not afraid to get involved in any additional paperwork or preparation
What registrations do I need to hold?
A clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service and registration with the EWC (Education Workforce Council). A new DBS can be processed through Educate.
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- Choice of day to day, short/long-term a