Seeking a front office medical assistant/receptionist for a busy Encino medical dermatology office. The doctor is looking for a professional who believes that patients should be treated with kindness, understanding and empathy. The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, computer inputting and handling a high volume of phone calls.
· Answer multi-line phones and either direct the caller to the appropriate party or handle the caller’s needs.
· Greet patients upon arrival, instruct patients on use of the ipad to register in Modernizing Medicine (EMA), our electronic medical records system.
· Complete registration/demographic information and insurance information, as needed in the EMR computer system.
· Provide patients with intake and new patient forms.
· Process payments from patients for co-pays.
· Schedule appointments for new and recurring patients.
· Room patients, as necessary.
· Stock and prepare rooms with needed supplies.
· One or more years of experience in a medical setting
· A very professional and courteous disposition
· Excellent communication skills
· Proficient computer skills with the ability to accurately input data in EMA
· Basic understanding of patient care processes and medical insurance
· Ability to calmly assist patients with scheduling needs
· Capability to correctly prepare lab work/specimens for pick up
· Basic understanding of medications
· Basic understanding of autoclaving to clean and sterilize medical instruments
· HS diploma or higher
· Prior experience with EMA, Modernizing Medicine or other EHR, desirable.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time and perform data entry.
· Ability to adjust to fast paced environment and prioritize tasks.
Role: Medical Assistant/Receptionist Temp-to-Hire
Apply for this job now.