We are looking for a Class A CDL Driver who will make glass deliveries from our Fremont, CA facility to local and out of state customers.
- Handle and load/unload glass and/or metal products, secure the load, make multiple deliveries, and provide excellent customer service
- Ensure trucks are operating efficiently by performing thorough daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Maintain truck and driving records by reporting information, completing driver log,s and truck performance forms
- Periodically help load products onto truck for next day route
- Comply with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- This position involves transporting glass and/or metal products with company assigned vehicles with the possibility of layovers.
- Valid Class A CDL license issued by your state of residence
- At least one (1) years experience driving a class A truck
- Clean driving record over the last three years with no tickets or accidents (no major traffic violations on driving record)
- Ability to work a flexible starting time
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner's certificate of physical qualification
- Meet all DOT requirements
- Dependability, good English verbal and written communications skills, and good customer relations and people skills
- Have the ability to read and interpret mathematical measurement of glass sizes and properly read and use a tape measure
- Electronically log hours of service and all other assigned necessary paperwork
- Knowledge of proper location, distribution, and securement of cargo, specifically glass
- Skilled at handling varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. unassisted as needed
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
We are a manufacturing company in Fremont, Ca, and the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. We include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Role: Driver - CDL A / Truck Driver
Apply for this job now.