Do you want to help develop prenatal and oncology diagnostics that can affect millions of lives? BillionToOne, one of top Y Combinator companies, is currently seeking a Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to create computational tools and analyze ground-breaking molecular diagnostics data. This person will be responsible for the generation, analysis, and communication of clinical next-generation DNA sequencing data. Our sample volume is growing extremely quickly, and this role will own the further development of our analysis pipeline to analyze tens of thousands of samples, and be the lead scientist for everything related to our bioinformatics analyses.
This is a dynamic, start-up environment that requires adaptability and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts.
- Develop sophisticated and robust NGS analysis pipelines capable of processing tens of thousands of samples
- Analyze and troubleshoot clinical NGS data
- Analyze our assay performance and contribute to publications that demonstrate the clinical validity and utility of our tests
- Design new quality metrics and processes for clinical molecular diagnostic assays
- Collaborate with R&D scientists to generate new scientific insights
- Communicate assay performance and capabilities to clinical personnel at weekly meetings and to external stakeholders, clinicians, and scientists, at conferences
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Bioengineering, Physics or related field
- 3-5 years of biology or bioinformatics research experience (during PhD or afterward)
- 2-3 years of experience analyzing NGS data (during PhD or afterward)
- Expertise in Python, R, or a similar programming language
- Experience using data structures, command-line tools, shell scripts, industry tools (GitHub, AWS, Heroku)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to work across functional teams and with non-experts.
- Start-up experience
- Molecular biology (DNA purification, PCR, electrophoresis) laboratory experience
We offer highly competitive salary and benefits combined with a generous equity package. You will be working on interesting problems with extremely high-impact.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.