JOB TYPE: Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Service Desk Analyst.
Based in Cambridge, the successful candidate will provide support across the EU business units (Cambridge, London, Dublin, Sheffield), being the first point of call for all IT Service Desk requests as part of the Service Desk team.
Primary objectives of the role:
• Address first line incidents which are reported to the IT Service Desk in a timely manner, ensuring that quality process is adhered to.
• Service Desk: First point of call to receive, prioritise and record IT Service Desk requests received either by telephone, email, face-to-face or any other method. Log all requests in the Service Desk system, taking ownership of user problems and progress to resolution in a timely manner.
• Manage personal mini projects, and work with other members of the team, and 3rd parties to completion.
• Work on large projects, working with the senior infrastructure engineer on large scale projects (IaS, Data centre move).
Key activities include:
• Support: First line support – troubleshooting of IT related problems either software related as well as supporting the roll-out of new equipment / software – typical activities include; basic installation, configuration and support of IT equipment, user creation and talking staff through a series of actions to resolve their issues.
• Documentation: Produce support documentation to assist staff with requests for information and provide staff training, if required.
• Assets: Configuration of laptops, PC’s and mobile phones. Maintain and control appropriate logs of equipment and users.
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
• Good understanding of the MS product suite, including Windows 7/10, MS Office and Active Directory.
• Experience with Google Products.
• Good understanding of IT and its application in a business environment.
• Well organised and able to work as part of a team.
• Ability to plan and manage own workload.
• Exposure to ITIL Service Management best practice, but not essential.
• Higher education qualification preferred, but not essential.
• At least 2years Service Desk Experience, Server Experience also advantageous.
• Driving license desirable, Passport, willingness to travel to other offices.
To be considered for this position please apply below