Forbes Bros Timberline is currently recruiting a self-motivated Journeyman Lineman ,with Safety experience, for a HSE Advisor position within our team. This position will support our Transmission Projects in Kentucky, Nebraska, and other States.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
The accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
· Providing guidance to field employees and Foreman on the proper/safe execution of work tasks according to client and company standards
· Act as a change agent in the transition to a zero injury/occupational illness culture.
· Assisting Workers, Supervisors, Managers and Leadership in performing hazard assessments, workplace inspections, incident investigations, and assessing compliance to applicable legislation and internal/customer protocols
· Development of health and safety performance measures, and implementing the FBL HSE Strategic Business Plan
· Lead or support: Tailboard meetings, HSE training and orientations, corrective actions, and Project/HSE Business Plan initiatives
· Working with our clients to complete: Project Safety Plans, Hazard/Risk Registries, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), and HSE Audits
· Support OWCP Ability Management processes
· Working with internal and external stakeholders to address HSE related issues;
· Collaborating with field employees, supervisors and managers to identify and execute opportunities for continual improvement
· Working closely with Operations Management in managing aspects of HSE including incident prevention, training compliance and addressing concerns
· Reporting all incidents, client HSE concerns and regulatory involvement to the H&S Director and Operational Management
· Developing job safety analysis and safe work procedures as required
· Actively engaging workers and supervisors by having a focused field presence to improve safety performance and address concerns
· Leading by example, continually showing support of the client and company HSE initiatives
Education and Experience
· 5 – 7 years experience as a Journeyman Lineman on transmission and distribution projects
· 3 -5 years dedicated full-time experience as a HS&E practitioner in the Powerline Industry
· Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
· Certified Safety Professional preferred, or in progress
· Attention to detail
· Strong organizational, communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Strong leadership and team building skills, including the ability to lead by example, build consensus, actively listen, and engage/influence employees at all levels
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management, employees and clients
· Ability to work independently with little direction and with a sense of ownership and personal commitment to a zero injury/occupational illness culture
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work with clients to achieve desired results
· Task-oriented with strong attention to detail and follow through
· Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to change
· Works well in a fast paced, change-oriented team setting
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
• Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
• Complete background screening and criminal record check
Forbes Bros Timberline offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive wages, comprehensive benefit plan and rewarding career opportunities. Forbes Bros Timberline has an open and team oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros Timberline is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.
Role: Safety Advisor
Apply for this job now.