SEN Teaching Assistant - ASD Specialist - Manchester - ASAP
£75 - £95 per day
PK Education are seeking to appoint a passionate and experienced Teaching Assistant to work within a large mainstream secondary school in the Manchester area. This role will run until the end of the academic year (July 2021) in the first instance and has the potential to become permanent.
We are looking for a HLTA who is confident and pro-active to support students with ASD/Autism.
- To work with groups of children under the supervision of the teacher including the delivery of programmes of work and implementation of IEHCPs. This should be done in collaboration with the ASD Lead and SENCO
- Establishing productive working relationships with pupils, being a role model by presenting a positive personal image and setting high expectations.
- Using specialist knowledge of Autism Spectrum Conditions to Support teachers by modelling, offering advice, information and guidance to teachers on in embedding reasonable adjustments for students on the Autism Spectrum and have a more Autism friendly school
- Assisting the ASD lead with planning, preparing and undertaking Annual Reviews for students assigned to the resource provision
Ideal candidates will:
- Be experienced supporting students with SEN, specifically ASD / Autism.
- Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
- Be determined to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential.
- Reference details will be requested prior to registration
- Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service - if you do not have a DBS registered online PK Education will provide full assistance in getting you one.
Working for PK you will have access to;
- Continual Professional Development courses to refresh and upskill yourself
- A dedicated Consultant, working on your behalf
- Opportunity to work in a variety of Schools to suit your needs
- A competitive refer a friend bonus scheme
- Access to candidate competitions and incentives which run throughout the year
If you would like more information or to be considered for this position, please get in touch.
PK education is a well-established Education recruitment agency with an ever-growing client database. We have highly experienced and skilled consultants that can help you find the work that suits you. Your peace of mind is paramount to our practice and by using PK education you can be confident in the knowledge that we are working hard to find you the placement that YOU want. PK education is also committed to equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants, and shall adhere to such a policy always.
If you are a primary teacher, secondary teacher, SEN teacher, newly qualified teacher (NQT), cover supervisor, teaching assistant or support worker looking for day to day supply work, or contract work then please get in touch.