Cpl Healthcare, in partnership with its client, is looking for a dual qualified RGN/RCN Nurse to work in their hospital in South Dublin
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Provides direct care to assigned paediatric patients and adult patients.&
- This role requires the post holder to be competent to take charge at night.
- Takes the nursing history, summarises data, and states nursing diagnoses or patient care needs.&
- Observes and records signs, symptoms, and behaviours, including the physiological status of patients; presents the assessment of changes, the proposed revision of interventions, and desired outcomes.&
- Follows policy for activating an individualised plan of care for newly admitted patients.
- Delivers designated nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with the stated medical plan of care.
- Performs admission, discharge and transfer procedures, and assists others with patient's activities and care.
- Executes consultants’ orders for all assigned patients; safely and properly administers medications and treatments.
- Notifies appropriate nursing and medical staff to changes in the patient's status.
- Independently performs duties and assumes responsibility for care of assigned patients.
- Performs techniques and routines in the specialty service area.
- Performs or assists others to perform proper aseptic techniques, isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
- Documents nursing care in all assigned patient records.&
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.&
- Evaluates care given including the patient response.&
- Reassesses and documents the proposed revision of interventions and desired outcomes.&
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient's understanding of and compliance with instructions and health care teaching.&
- Reviews documentation of instructions, teaching topics, and patient response with the Head Nurse or designee.&
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs ad hoc duties as required.
An Bord Altranais Registered Childrens’ Nurse licence in good standing
An Bord Altranais Registered General Nurse licence in good standing.
Acute hospital experience essential (minimum 2 years)