Electrical Controls Technician / Engineer
Location: Taunton, Somerset
The Company: A Global multi-site leading Manufacturing Company
Rotating Shift Pattern
42hrs a week - 24/7
Plus Overtime, Pension and Excellent package
- As a shift electrical Controls and Automation Technician at a large manufacturing / process site and part of a large specialist engineering support function
- Responsible for all Electrical Controls, Automation and Electrical Manufacturing Maintenance activities within production - first line support to line and CI
- Continuous improvement of controls systems
- Act as a subject matter expert on controls
- Monitor plant operational efficiency, reliability and capability of all plant and equipment, identifying areas of under-performance or opportunity to improve!
- Responsible for the elimination of breakdowns through continual improvement of the production facility control systems.
- Diagnose faults and modify software/equipment on a variety of PLC, SCADA, and servo control systems!
- Identify and carry out appropriate preventative maintenance and software backups to minimise downtime
- Support Capital projects in development, installation and commissioning
Does this sound like you?
- Apprentice trained in an electrical / controls discipline
- Several years' experience as an Electrical Technician
- Manufacturing Experience
- Experience in the maintenance of electrical and electronic control systems
- Use PLC to interrogate PLC code
- Minor software programming changes
- Variable Speed Drive controllers
- Understand how to optimize sensors
- Instrumentation calibration and associated record keeping
- Good team player and logical thinker
Fantastic opportunity to join a well-established and long serving team with years of experience and knowledge to share with you so you can learn quickly with support and help improve the automation capability of a large site.