We are currently looking for talented and proven Senior Sous Chef in one of our client's prestigious sites in Scarborough.
Predominantly working a 10.30am - 7pm shift Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend work, you will be involved in a great kitchen environment and facilities, using modern techniques and always looking at developing the food offer.
This role is the perfect opportunity for a 'foodie' who wants to retain their high craft skill set, but working more sociable hours in the catering industry, using fresh, seasonal ingredients, on trend food concepts and bespoke hospitality offers.
This role will play an active part in developing the food offer for the boarding community, providing fun, fresh and nutritious food at supper service. You will also act as the number two in the operation, supporting the Chef Manager in planning menus, prep lists, ordering and supporting the school in its objectives.
As well as having excellent presentation, communication and supervisory skills, you will be able to demonstrate a real passion for food and service and possess bags of enthusiasm.
- Have a strong track record of high quality volume led operations
- ideally have experience working within Education catering but we welcome applications from those in the hotel and restaurant sector.
- have a relevant catering qualification
- have a progressive career to date
- have good Health & Safety knowledge
- be able to work within set budgets
- Be able to order effectively
- know how to cost, plan and prepare menus accurately
- be familiar with training and coaching a team
- be up to date with current food trends
This role is subject to references and a sucessful DBS check.