We are looking for TOP PERFORMERS like you!
This position will provide customer service to OxyCare Plus’s medical supply and equipment customers. This will include phone interaction and in-person services to our customers in the home and/or our store. Will also include driving a van over an established route to deliver and/or render services. This position will report to our location in Northport, AL.
Candidate will be a high school graduate. Previous driver/customer service experience, some college, and knowledge of medical terminology is highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Implements OxyCare Plus, Inc.'s Mission Statement.
- Recognize and respect patient rights during the provision of care or services and conducting business relationships with patient and the public in an ethical manner.
- Perform assessments/reassessments of each patient's care or service needs throughout the patient's contact with the organization including physical assessments; psychosocial assessments; functional assessments; and activity assessments.
- Formulate, revise; and maintain basic patient care plans based on physician orders and assessment findings including the identification of patient problems/needs, goals, and actions and interventions relating to the care or service provided.
- Monitor patient's response to the care or services provided, the actions or interventions taken, and the outcome of the care or service provided.
- Educate patients with relation to their home medical equipment to facilitate safe and effective equipment use and desired care, treatment and service outcomes.
- Provide patient care, treatment. and service in a continuous and coordinated manner, in settings appropriate to meet patient needs.
- Promote safe, effective patient and organizational environments and equipment use.
- Participate in on-going education, including in-services, training, and other activities, to maintain and improve individual competence.
- Obtain, utilize, and update patient information in a confidential and secure manner for utilization in patient care and billing applications.
- Recognize and implement infection control practices that reduce the risk of infections in patients and organizational staff.
- Drives truck to deliver and pickup such items as wheelchairs, hospital beds, support surfaces, commodes, bathroom aids, ambulation aids, and disposable medical supplies to customer's home or place of business.
- Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt.
- Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints appropriate to scope of practice.
- Places stock on shelves or racks and truck.
- Sets up merchandise and sales promotion displays or issues sales promotion materials to customers.
- Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Cleans inside of truck and equipment and keeps clean and dirty supplies segregated.
- Performs routine maintenance on truck.
- May have to communicate or interact with, assess, or treat OxyCare Plus, Inc.'s customers that may be:
- Infants (0 - 1 years of age)
- Pediatrics (1 - 17 years of age)
- Adults (18 - 64 years of age)
- Seniors (65 years or greater)
- Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) activities.
- Participates in ongoing education and training.
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting and remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Managing People - Makes self available to staff and improves processes, products and services.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background checks are performed for all drivers before hiring.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and accounting software.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Role: Delivery Driver / Equipment Technician - Home Medical Equipment
Apply for this job now.