The Chemical Delivery Specialist is responsible for safely transporting DPG chemical deliveries to ensure timely arrival according to DPG expectations. This position must communicate effectively with all levels of the company and with customers to ensure accurate, timely delivery and excellent customer service.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Effectively executes the process for delivering loads of chemicals over the highway, ensuring accuracy, quality and safety and DOT standards are met for each load.
- Accurately records transportation, vehicle and delivery data for each load, in accordance with DPG expectations and applicable regulations.
- Actively inspects vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues, performs preventive maintenance as required. Maintains accurate vehicle maintenance logs.
- Effectively plans routes to ensure safe and timely delivery according to delivery schedule.
- Accurately documents and logs work / rest periods and miles and hours driven, retaining fuel / toll receipts for expense reports.
- Complies with DPG and regulatory truck driving rules and regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Maintains safety in all phases of job performance, ensuring safe work practices are followed. Uses the proper PPE at all times.
- Immediately reports defects, accidents or violations to the manager.
- When not delivering loads, actively assists plant and assembly operations with tasks and projects.
- Effectively communicates with blending operators, management, other departments and customers to ensure effective, timely delivery of batches to meet customer expectations and provide excellent service.
- Communicates safety and operational concerns to senior management immediately upon discovery.
- Manages and maintains a clean and organized vehicle to ensure professionalism and efficiency.
- Develops expertise in raw materials and DPG chemical blends, with knowledge of the SDS for each product, including required PPE and exposure remediation procedures.
- Effectively optimizes productivity by prioritizing time and tasks, set forth by the supervisor, working independently and together as needed.
- Works with the Director of Plant Operations to actively learn new skills, take on new responsibilities and cross train.
- Effectively performs special assignments and projects as requested by leadership.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent 1-2 years’ experience as a Class A driver with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsement
- Possess excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer processing functions and other standard office equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical principles
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to read, comprehend reports and regulatory documents and explain clearly and concisely to others
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve issues with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong organizational skills
Role: Truck Driver - HAZMAT / Tanker
Apply for this job now.