We an immediate opening for a first shift Machine Shop Supervisor. The first responsibility is to maintain a safe work environment. Next is to provide leadership to a staff of 4-8, comprised of low/medium skilled machinists and to work towards achieving Company goals and objectives. This will require leadership skills, organizational and multitasking abilities where priorities often change as a result of being a made-to-order job shop.
- Managing all people and processes in Machine Shop.
- Communicating and interacting with all personnel levels within company, including sales, engineering, and management, internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of equipment used in a typical job shop machining environment including blue prints, metrology methods, manual and CNC machines, and setup procedures
- Provide direct labor contribution to machining function as time and duties allow
- Create mill, lathe, and Swiss machine programs using G & M-code or Mastercam
- Re-evaluate existing jobs to increase efficiency
- Use ERP system to prioritize jobs, and schedule appropriate personnel
- Design and build work holding based on blueprints and/or solid models
- Documentation of setup procedures and VWI of part production
- Perform or schedule machine maintenance
- Maintain tooling inventory, order all required tools in advance of running jobs
- Train employees to run jobs, using best practices for safety and efficiency
- Track employee efficiency using reports within ERP system
- Use Microsoft Office suite to provide reports to management when necessary, Microsoft Outlook to communicate by e-mail
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- 3+ years supervisory experience working with skilled craftsmen and semi-skilled staff
- Evidence of strong leadership, coaching, mentoring skills
- Knowledge and experience supervising the use of CNC and manual mills, lathes, drills is required
- Knowledge and experience supervising machinists in a job shop environment is desirable
- Extensive knowledge of new part program/setup creation
- Mastery of G & M code programming, editing of programs
- Good communication skills, speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- Must be able to multitask in an environment where priorities are fluid
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook
Have you always wanted to work for a team that works well together and stays upbeat regardless of the situation? Do you yearn to work for a company that invests back into itself rather than line a corporations pocket books? Are you just looking for a change of pace and think you might have the skills to make it in the wonderful world of metal?
With over 50 combined years of experience in the fabricating industry, we can tackle nearly any job you need. Our dedication to our customers shows in the quality of parts we produce.
We offer a full range of benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability, IRA and Vacation.
We're a team that sees possibilities, thrills our customers, solves challenges and innovates daily. Sound like you? Join us.
Role: Lead Machinist / Machine Shop Supervisor
Apply for this job now.