Air Safety Consultant
One of our main clients has an urgent requirement for an Air Safety Consultant to be based in Bristol office on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large engineering company who are working on industry leading projects across multiple sectors.
We are seeking individuals who have self-motivation and enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and develop new skills and possess professional characteristics with ideally a good understanding of the Aerospace & Defence and wider Markets to provide guidance and direction in the development of safety management solutions for our clients, including:
- Support to Markets;
- Assurance of work undertaken by project teams;
- Providing a vision of future needs to support the development of capability;
- Provision of safety, airworthiness, technical evaluation and certification artefacts;
- Leadership of major safety management assignments for clients.
- You will be working with our clients to deliver aviation related projects; other safety related projects and will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
My client would be keen to speak to candidates with the following expertise:
- Professional in approach and performance, with a proven background in;
- Understanding and application of MAA Regulatory Publications (MRP);
- Understanding and application of the Military Air System Certification Process (MACP);
- Understanding and application of Defence Standard 00-970;
- Understanding and application of military aviation hazard/accident management;
- Understanding and application of at least one of the following tools (multiple desirable): (i) ASPIRE; (ii) Air System Loss Models; (iii) BowTies; (iv) GSN/CAE; and/or (v) HERMES.
- Development and generation of Safety Assessment Reports;
- Proven track record of developing Safety Management solutions at enterprise, platform or at system level;
- Experienced in developing proposals and providing technical assurance;
- Develop innovative Safety Management solutions to support operations;
- Build sustainable relationships with clients and develop future business opportunities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills commensurate with the role, including the preparation and presentation of reports to both internal and external clients; and
- Knowledge of the Defence, Aerospace and wider markets, or major contractor's experience.
- Chartered/Incorporated Engineer or equivalent, or working towards it;
- Working Knowledge of Industry and other Defence Standards such as Def Stan 00-056;
- Knowledge and awareness of their discipline and related disciplines and their developments across varied markets including Defence;
- Expertise in hazard and safety risk management;
- Experienced in development of Airworthiness Strategies / Safety Management Plans;
- Experience of conducting/supporting safety related techniques such as FHA, ZHA, FTA, ETA, FMECA and/or CBA;
- Knowledge and experience of working in wider markets and the ability to sell their related discipline capability to internal and external clients and across varied markets;
- Membership of UK, EU or US societies/working groups, etc.; and
- Production of articles, papers or conference presentations within their discipline.