Company: GLOBAL CONNECTIONS TO EMPLOYMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
This position is on an Ability One contract that requires most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person meeting the Ability One criteria.
Global Connections to Employment (GCE), a nonprofit that provides job training and employment opportunities for individuals with significant disabilities. We exist to provide opportunities so people can experience meaningful employment. Our organization's Mission is "Helping People throughout Life's Journey," and what better way to do so than through employment which leads to independence and self-sufficiency
We collaborate with partners who share a sense of responsibility for improving the world we live in. From a business perspective, we see opportunity in employees who have positive attitudes and are enthusiastic not only about performing their jobs, but more importantly, meeting the expectations of our customers. We continue to learn, innovate, work hard, respect and value the relationships we have in numerous communities in the US
This position is responsible for performing mainly physical laborer duties to support the Facilities Maintenance (FM) functions of the organization.
- Must be able to meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
- Must be able to comprehend both written and/or verbal instructions
- Must be able to work overtime and be on call as required in the support of FM operations.
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- May travel to and from various locations and building throughout the year and in various weather conditions. Most work will take place indoors. May work with cleaning chemicals. Will be required to follow Emergency Operations Work Assignment per customer requirements. Schedules are subject to change. May require working early morning, mid-morning, afternoon and/or evening hours; as well as weekends, overtime and Holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds. Will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- The mental demands, physical demands, and environmental factors described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ #removed# and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is #removed#.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED