Contracts Site Supervisor
Company Wakefield base - sites across Yorkshire
Full time - Usually Monday to Friday, 08:00-16:00 but can differ depending on business demands
Salary: £40-50k per annum
Immediate start - Permanent contract
Valid UK Driving Licence and previous experience essential
WEST YORKSHIRE'S MEZZANINE FLOOR SPECIALISTS ARE LOOKING TO EXPAND THEIR TEAM AND DUE TO THEIR SUCCESS AND CLIENT DEMANDS ARE LOOKING TO RECRUIT A CONTRACTS SITE SUPERVISOR ON A PERMANENT CONTRACT.
Our Client are specialists in the design and installation of office mezzanine floors in West Yorkshire with contract value range from anywhere of £1k to £1m, to they are helping companies to make the most of their space and are well established since 2009. Our client's strength lies in their uniqueness within the mezzanine flooring industry, who go the extra mile to offer a genuinely comprehensive design and build solutions that incorporates both warehouse and office fit out requirements as they say "a complete, reliable, one-stop shop solution". With all that in mind, our client is looking to expand their team and are looking to recruit a contracts site supervisor. Our Client is searching for successful candidates that have some experience, not necessary in the mezzanine flooring industry, though a background in the modular and portable building industry will be advantageous.
The main traits of our successful candidate will be someone that is reliable, flexible, self-motivated and hardworking,
What they are looking for:
- Applicants to have an attention to detail for quality control and dispatch of customer's orders
- Applicants must have or show experience in either managing or supervising an individual or a team as will be responsible for organising, sourcing and managing labour.
- Applicants will also need good communication skills and a proven background of direct dealing with customers and suppliers as will be required to communicate daily with both as well as site start-ups and dealing with and inducting sub-contractors and handing back to completed projects to clients. This will include snagging works and creating finishing programmes as each project demands
- Applicants will be required where necessary to order materials in conjunction with the purchasing department
- Applicants to have previous experience with site visits and work inspections as will be required to undertake inspection of works, progression of project and relaying information back to operations director.
- Applicants to have an excellent attitude towards Health and Safety and will be expected to work at a high standard. Previous experience creating RAMS is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge with using hand tools, power tools, saws, measuring instruments and various equipment where trained to do so.
- Experience in any electrical works; installation, maintenance, testing and inspection is desirable but not essential.
- Reliable, well-mannered and have a good absence and timekeeping record
- Conscientious, enthusiastic and willingness towards meeting deadlines
- Work on your own initiative and work well in a team
- Proactive with a desire and attitude to learn and develop
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
They can offer:
- £40-50k+ depending on experience
- Company Car (type of car negotiable)
- 28 Days holiday per annum (with an addition holiday for every year's service Up to 33 days)
- Pension Scheme
- Friendly and supporting working environment
- Training and career progression
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please send your CV to #removed#-recruitment.com or call the Commercial team on 01482 382 301 if you have any queries.
Due to the high volume of CVs we are currently receiving, we are unable to reply to each application. If you have not heard from us within 10 days, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note: Prestige Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer with 30 years of service within the recruitment & staffing sector.