Looking for a rewarding opportunity in Hospice? Come and join a great team and cohesive group of staff. Companion Hospice located in San Antonio, Texasis currently seeking a Patient Care Secretary to join our team. Companion is the leading organization that provides Hospice, Home Health, and Palliative Care. Our patients come first and our employees are our most important asset!
What you will do as a PCS:
- You have good computer skills. You can learn our medical record software
- Maintain the medical records. You already know or can learn medical terminology
- You will organize and keep track of documents and systems
- You may assist with staffing coordination
- Receive all referrals for services and organize the team of doctors and nurses to visit
- Schedules and prepares documentation for all staff meetings
- Compiles all weekly and monthly statistical reports from the computer software
- Keeps team leader, office, and field staff informed of patient status and condition
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, or you are a quick learner
- One (1) year hospital, home health agency, hospice or medical office experience preferred
- You must have a beautiful heart. When one of our pts or families call you, they need help. You can help them at this most stressful time, when their loved one is dying.
We offer a wonderful working environment, competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation, sick, and 401K.
Companion, a leading Southern California based healthcare organization, provides Hospice, Home Health & Assisted Care Services.
With a focus on patient care, we are consistently ranked a premium provider by patients and their families. We are accredited by The Joint Commission, the national accrediting body. Our mission is simply to provide our patients with comfort, compassion, and extraordinary care.
Patients, families, and caregivers oftentimes view Companion as extended family because of the extraordinary love and care we provide. Whether you are in need of care giving services, skilled nursing or end-of-life support, Companion stands ready to meet your needs through the various services we provide. . .
- Companion Hospice
- Companion Home Health
- Companion Assisted Care
We are dedicated to our patients and their families.
We honor our healthcare partners, our staff and volunteers who work so hard to bring love and happiness to your patients.
At Companion, we're committed to bringing great care home.
Role: Patient Care Secretary
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.