Must be willing to travel as part of the job.
We are hiring enthusiastic, professionals to join our U.S. onshore mud logging family.
You will be working and living on-site, covering 12 hour shifts. A significant portion of the role is dedicated to data acquisition. You will collect, prepare, & examine drill cuttings as well as monitor gas and other drilling parameters. Communication is also an extremely important aspect of the position. The ability to effectively communicate between field and office personnel is critical.
Expected Knowledge and Experience
- Complete knowledge and experience with standard lithological descriptions of sedimentary rocks.
- Able to recognize hydrocarbon shows from cuttings alone.
- Experience in developing subsurface models while considering all drilling variables and samples.
- Experience with collecting and preparing drilling cuttings.
- EXPERIENCE WITH LOGGING SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE TOOLS
- Able to pick formation tops and casing points based on well-to-well correlation and cuttings.
- Excellent at interpreting gas readings.
- Familiar with porosity types in sedimentary rocks and also types of matrix cementations in carbonates and clastics.
- Able to communicate effectively with all wellsite and operator personnel.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology/Geosciences is preferred
- 2 or more years mud logging experience in the WILLISTON, POWDER RIVER, OR DJ BASINS.
- Basic understanding of oil and gas drilling operations.
- Experienced with normal office software.
- Must be willing to work as part of a large team.
- Excellent judgment skills while working in stressful environments under special time constraints.
Excellence Logging is the premier mud logging firm supporting natural gas and oil exploration companies in nearly all major basins from the Rockies to the North East and Rockies to South Texas. Since 1988 we have provided our customers with outstanding service, extensive experience, and cutting edge technology as we have drilled over 10,000 wells, remote mudlogged 4,000 wells and geosteered over 3000 wells across the U.S.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Role: Experienced - Logging Geologist / MudLogger
Apply for this job now.