Company: GOODWILL OF SOUTHERN NEVADA
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To process donated and/or purchased merchandise for preparation for sale in order to meet preset production goals at our Special Projects department. The position works Monday-Friday 7am to 3:30pm.
The Merchandise Processor is responsible for the following:
- Depending upon the production needs, the Merchandise Processor may be required to: sort by quality standards, clean hard-goods, and possibly price hard-goods, to meet preset production goals.
- Depending upon the production needs, the Merchandise Processor may be required to sort by quality standards all donated and purchased clothing/ linen, hang clothing/ linen, tag and/or size clothing/linen to meet preset production goals.
- Must be flexible day to day to move to different areas as assigned by their Manager or the Processing Coordinator to fulfill the needs of the processing center.
- Following all safety policies, asset protection policies and Team Member policies as outlined in the Team Member handbook, asset protection handbook and safety manual.
- Maintaining excellent attendance by not abusing sick or vacation time.
- Keep all work areas clean and safe while working and at the end of the day.
- Be aware of daily and weekly processing goals.
- Must be able to help fulfill all orders following the daily order forms, or the directions of Department Managers.
- Must understand and follow all quality standards. Seasonal chemical and food procedures are understood and followed.
- Capable of basic understanding/operation of conveyor systems, pricing machines and all safety issues that these incur.
- Ninety five percent of the duties are performed in a warehouse that has swamped coolers to regulate temperatures. Five percent of the duties involve being outside of the building.
- Other assignments from Management as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Elementary school education is required, high school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to work in open warehouse environment being exposed in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions and to work as a team member.
- Be able to continuously perform repetitive work at a set pace.
- Must have the ability to learn the techniques of the job from short demonstration up to a period of one month.
- Must be fluent in English; bilingual a plus.