Company: HUEY & ASSOCIATES, PC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
** We are adhering to COVID recommendations as provided by state government officials. **
Here at Huey & Associates we seek to build dynamic relationships with our clients by providing them with quality accounting services and financial counsel with our primary focus on taxes. Considered to be a boutique firm, we have been servicing our tax and accounting clients for over 95 years and have a rare opportunity to fill a vacancy for a Senior Accountant position. Our mission is to provide superior accounting services to our clients with a focus on integrity, excellence and caring giving our clients individualized and personal attention. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow professionally, serve clients and do more than just push out a product in a close team a mid-sized firm can provide, then we may be the right match for you.
Start Date Flexible
- 2-5 years or more public accounting tax experience
- Accounting degree and a CPA candidate (having a CPA or passing at least one section is a plus)
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Positive individuals who want to have an impact on client's lives and enjoy interacting on a personal and regular basis with them
- A proactive team leader who can work with leadership and the tax team to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
- Hard working, responsible individuals who are willing to stretch themselves and put in additional hours during tax season as necessary while always looking for opportunities to grow
- UltraTax and Practice CS (Thompson Reuters) software experience
- Intuit QuickBooks experience
- Internship experience in tax accounting field
- No client centered travel required - if living outside of the Herndon, VA region, we will require semi-annual travel to the office for hands on training
Benefits we offer
- Positive culture focused on serving our clients with a high level of integrity
- Team environment where we strive to help each other grow
- Individualized goal planning and responsive management with an opportunity to grow your skills and advance within the firm
- Hands on training on a wide variety of entities and skill sets
- Paid CPE training and education assistance
- Full range of benefits including retirement, health and life insurance, vacations, bonus, etc.
- Flexible work-from-home opportunities available on a case-by-case basis
How You'll Contribute
- Teaming up with Senior Managers and Partners to complete a variety of tax returns including business, personal, estate, non-profit returns.
- Daily interaction with clients and supporting communications with tax team
- Tax research and analysis including all federal and state levels
- Bookkeeping and bookkeeping reconciliation for tax returns for a wide variety of business clients
- Processing payroll including 1099's, W-2's, quarterly filings and more
- Assist with reviews & compilations
If you have a strong interest in income tax compliance and planning in the public accounting field and feel that you match the skills and personality listed above, we look forward to hearing from you. Initial interviews will be conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Powered by JazzHR