My client is a leading trading firm in London who are looking for a senior cyber security engineer in London. We are looking for a capable cyber security engineer, who enjoys security work and possesses deep and wide expertise in the security space.
You will design, plan, develop and maintain security tasks to detect/fix/prevent and monitor sensitive data and systems. This role will offer you the opportunity to grow into a head of' or CISO' and therefore eagerness to learn and develop is key.
My client is looking for someone with the ability to work independently with minimal direction and has a great drive to take ownership of problems and solving them. In return, you will work in a fast-growing progressive environment and help engineer cutting edge technologies.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security design.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible and as quickly as possible about any security incident
- Be the, or part of, Security Incident Response Team.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancements.
- Collaborate with Engineering and DevOps teams to make sure security issues are addressed timely and effectively
- Develop and give security training to Engineering and DevOps teams (OWASP and more).
- Run the daily/weekly/monthly security run-books to detect and keep any security incident under control.
- Experience in finding and fixing technical security issues (Web, Application, Operating systems, APIs, Cloud).
- Experience with manual technical security reviews.
- Experience in building and maintaining cyber security systems.
- Deep knowledge of the OWASP TOP 10. Ability to detect/exploit and remediate issues.
- Technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including Firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Knowledge of Scripting languages.
- Pen-tester/Ethical Hacker/Penetration Tester/Security Engineer/Blue Team or a related field background
- University studies in Computer Science, IT, Systems/Network Engineering or a related field.
- Masters in Cyber Security or a related field.
- Security certifications (CEH, GPEN, CPSA, OSCP, CRT, CISSP, CCSP, OSCE ...) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of security development and enforcing inside the CI.
- Knowledge of Cloud security (eg AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform.
Role: Senior Security Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.