Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £90 per day, Inc benefits
Sport Learning Support AssistantAre you interested in teaching sports to young people? Have you been looking for a role where you can develop and grow your profession?
We are currently recruiting for a secondary school Teaching Assistant to work at an independent in Horsham the role is a temporary to permanent contract. The school is an all through special school for boys aged 5-18 years old, its located in the beautiful West Sussex countryside, equipment and facilities are state of the art. All pupils take GCSE examinations, and the schools proud to hold a 100% pass for the students. Reputation for innovation and outstanding practice. Safety, physical and emotional wellbeing are core values which employs a happy environment dedicated to supporting the individual needs of pupils. Staff and pupils create a sense of community with adults acting as positive role models ensuring the highest levels of safety cues and purposeful engagement. There's a strong belief in empowering our students to reach their full potential.
About the Role
As a Sports Learning Support Assistant, you will work closely with the PE teacher and other staff to deliver high-quality sports education and coaching to students. You will assist delivering sports lessons and activities, as well as supporting students’ physical, social, and emotional development. You will also help to organise and supervise sports events, clubs, and ensure the health and safety of students at all times.
Salary: Temporary contract, £90 per day, permanent £22.5kWorking Hours: 08:30-16:00 Mon-FriLocation: Rural Horsham
- A passion for sports and a willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- A relevant qualification or experience in sports coaching, teaching, or learning support
- Maintain good relationships with young people, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary
- A patient, and flexible attitude and a strong sense of responsibility
- A genuine level of care and want for helping students thrive
- Creating a positive and inclusive learning environment for students
- Driving licence due to location
- A competitive salary and pension scheme
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Access to a range of staff wellbeing initiatives and discounts
This is an urgent role that are we are recruiting for, successful candidates will be meeting with the school on Thursday 11th January .Any relevant applicants are encouraged to apply. Please do not hesitate to get in contact with any questions.