Healthcare Assistants Level 1 or Level 2 - £9.19 - £12.60 p.h + 35p per mile mileage
Location: Wadebridge, Cornwall
Up to 40 hours per week
Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off.
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As a Community Care Assistant for Cornwall Care, you'll be working in our community within a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose homes you are working in.
What you'll do:
· Assist and enable a client with their personal care needs
· Ensure that the psychological, physical, spiritual and diversity needs of individual clients in your care are maintained and continuously monitored and met.
· Assist and enable a client with eating and drinking
· Follow, regularly keep up-to-date and understand the person's plan of care and risk assessments.
· Respect the dignity of each person in your care both by word and action
· Develop relationships with each person in your care
What you'll need:
· At Level 1, you need no professional qualifications. (training provided)
· At Level 2, you will have a Diploma (or equivalent) in Health and Social Care.
· Have a driving licence and own transport
· Good standard of literacy and numeracy
· Excellent interpersonal skills
What you'll receive:
Our hourly rates are broken down as below
Basic rate - £9.19p.h (£10.72 with travel time)
Weekends - 10.19p.h (£12.60 with travel time)
You'll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you're looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We have HCA Levels 1-4, and being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you access to free courses and qualifications - from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster!