VACANCY - Female Support Worker
Length: FTC until August 2021
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, shifts and on-call required
Pay: £18,500 - £19,500 per annum
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a women and children's refuge centre based in Birmingham, offering support and safe accommodation to South Asian women affected by domestic violence and abuse. Applicants must have strong experience in writing support plans and safeguarding, and must speak at least one South Asian language, to include; Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Mirpuri or Bengali.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working with vulnerable women both in the refuge centre and out in the community
- Providing emotional and practical to women who are experiencing or have experience domestic abuse
- Undertaking risk assessments, producing safety plans and liaising with statutory and other agencies
- Enabling clients to make informed decisions about their future
- Assisting with housing and welfare applications
- Fluent in at least one of the aforementioned South Asian languages
- Relevant experience in domestic abuse support
- Full UK drivers' license and access to own vehicle
- Enhanced DBS
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Francesca Ellis on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email #removed# with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.