Construction Superintendent Residential - Marion County/Ocala
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation, and diversity.
The primary responsibility of a Residential Superintendent is to provide on-site coordination for all phases of Single Family projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment. A Residential Superintendent ensures that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Residential Superintendent:
- Complies with all PPE standards and is aware of all safety practices, follows safety rules and procedures, complies with all legal regulations.
- Maintains and enforces a safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Perform Superintendent duties at single or multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Open the job site at the beginning of the day and securing the job site at the end of each day.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Plan review to ensure an efficient construction process.
- Identify areas of work that are outside the contract scope.
- Ensure that panel and truss design are consistent with plan requirements.
- Complete daily work reports reflecting the accurate job site status and condition.
- Ensure that all OSHA and ICG safety procedures and policies are being followed.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
You also will:
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Update and Maintain Construction schedule
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in a critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Walk and inspect all units on the project daily.
- Monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to the quality of work or scheduling.
- Submit and track needed change orders. (General Contractor and Sub-Contractor)
- The ability to travel (in state) is required.
- Monday-Friday (Work Week).
- Pre-employment drug screen will be required.
- A background check will be required.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
Health, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term short-term disability. Vacation, paid holidays, personal and sick time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Rate of pay will commensurate with experience.
Pay: $65k-70k per year
Company Car provided along with compensation for gas/tolls