Admin / Transport Planner required.
Offering a friendly, good working environment, a competitive salary, and a secure position within an established company, we have an excellent opportunity for an organised individual to join our team.
Hammond Transport is a leading transport and logistics company who specialise in quality focused Dedicated transport and storage with a strong emphasis on customer care, providing services for the Event and Exhibition, Rail and Construction and Manufacturing industries. We have a strong presence delivering into London and are FORS Gold and CLOCS accredited.
We are looking for a Transport Planner with experience within the Transport & Logistics industry to work closely with our Transport Supervisor and team to collectively deliver an effective service driven transport solution.
Responsibilities for the Transport Planner:
- Admin, organising, coordinating and planning transport activities.
- Dealing directly with customers and suppliers.
- Dealing with drivers and routing vehicles.
- Maintaining and continually improving the strong customer relationships and our excellent service level to enhance performance.
- Responding to telephone calls and emails in a timely manner providing a friendly and supportive service to our customers.
- Inputting and maintaining data on our Mandata Transport Management System.
- Driver de-briefs.
- Operational administration as required.
- Ad-hoc transport office duties.
- A cheerful, happy disposition is essential.
- Happy to work closely with the team to work as a collective.
- An understanding of HGV vehicle sizes, payload, and usage.
- Good planning and geographical knowledge is essential.
- Experience in organising and scheduling drivers effectively based on the workloads and jobs.
- IT literate, confident working with the TMS, Microsoft packages and email.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Organised, proactive and flexible, adaptable to changes.
- Able to communicate well with customers, suppliers, and drivers in a busy work environment.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Weekly pay.
- Company pension.
- Decent quality work.
- Good, modern office environment.
- 20 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Workwear provided.
- A great team to work with.
- Secure working conditions with an established company.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying, you have been unsuccessful. Previous applicants need not apply.