Responsible for supervising scheduled shifts and ensuring Guests receive a Fridays Style dining experience characterized by a fun atmosphere and great tasting food and drinks, prepared and served safely.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervise operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, and staff support while upholding standards, product quality, and cleanliness.
- Proactively runs the shift and anticipates Guest needs.
- Ensures that the restaurant and staff are set up for an outstanding shift.
- Observes Team Member performance in delivering the Fridays Guest experience, providing immediate feedback, coaching, development, and recognition.
- Frequently interacts with Guests to ensure they receive the Fridays Service Style experience; follow up on any
- issues and complaints they may have.
- Leads motivational Alley Rallies ensuring that Team Members are engaged and informed regarding food, beverage, promotions, etc.
- Ensures great food is served to every Guest.
- Ensures ambiance of the restaurant is aligned with the Brand Standards.
- Conducts food safety and line checks to ensure food and beverage standards are met and executed safely.
- Manages cash handling procedures: assigns bartender drawers and performs checkouts of W/W's and bartenders ensuring all tickets are accounted for, all comps have been signed, the proper amount of cash, gift cards, and credit card vouchers is obtained from Team Members, tip share is collected, and the proper amount of tips have been declared.
- Approve food and beverage comps or promotions and conducts root cause analysis on all comps negatively impacting the Guest experience to prevent further problems.
- Checks in deliveries from vendors; ensuring quality and proper billing.
- Prepare end of shift reports.
- Ensures a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Assist with the completion of accident reports if a Guest or employee is injured.
- Ensures proper security procedures are adhered to, in order to protect Team Members, Guests and company assets, including the security of beer walk-in, liquor room, storeroom freezer, back door, safety alarms and office.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all issues and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Conducts pre-screen interviews for hourly Team Member candidates using the FOH and BOH interview guides.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Appropriate level of coaching & feedback with Team Members during a shift
- Recognition conducted with Team Members
- Prep required to run shift
- OTLE of Team Members based on Guest traffic
- Guest service decisions
- Execution of Nonnegotiable Brand Standards
- Safety and security of Guest, employees and company assets
- FOH and BOH Team Member hiring
- Team Member performance management
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with Team Members conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Guest satisfaction scores meet/exceed company standards
- PPA of shifts supervised
- LBW Mix
- Food Waste
- Shift Sales
- Minimum 6 months experience as a Team Member (internal) or one year of external restaurant experience with a college degree (external)
- Certified coach (internal)
- Must be capable of performing all functions and meeting qualification standards for all FOH and BOH positions
- Ability to complete Associate Manager Validation
- Must complete pre-hire assessment and pass a background check
- Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
- Frequent bending and stooping required
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
COACHING FOR PERFORMANCE: Spends time guiding, teaching and providing clear and directed feedback to your team to help them grow and succeed.
- Provides ongoing guidance and direction to help Team Members reach their full potential.
- Gives honest feedback that is specific, timely and action-oriented.
- Promptly recognizes and encourages effective performance.
- Helps to develop and execute plans for each Team Member that maximize strengths and improve weak areas.
- Ensures Team Members are given challenging assignments to help them learn new skills that can prepare them for the next level.
- Takes a hands-on approach to developing others by providing clear examples of desired behaviors to ensure understanding.
LEADS AND INSPIRES OTHERS: Sets the example for the team; effectively influences and motivates them to reach goals.
- Acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions.
- Demonstrates genuineness, openness, and approachability and consistently treats all Team Members and Guests with dignity and respect.
- Effectively manages stress level during difficult situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and adjust leadership style to fit others' needs.
- Rallies and harnesses the energy of the restaurant by being present, upbeat and engaged.
- Frequently and genuinely acknowledges and rewards strong performance.
- Treats all employees in a fair and consistent manner.
COMMUNICATION: Keeps everyone on the same page through frequent information sharing and open dialogue
- Encourages open, honest and timely communication among Team Members.
- Fosters frequent dialogue between the FOH and BOH staff.
- Demonstrates effective listening by being available to Team Members and responding to needs and concerns.
- Communicates the "why" behind important goals and initiatives to gain buy-in.
- Respects the opinions of others; listens to comments and concerns with an open mind.
- Holds frequent meetings where information is shared freely by staff.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to engage in one-on-one communication.
MANAGING EXECUTION: Enforces performance standards and follows up relentlessly to ensure accountability for top quality results.
- Ensures 100% compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Enforces high standards and always looks to raise the bar.
- Holds Team Members accountable to meet obligations.
- Confronts sub-par performance directly and holds people accountable for making improvements.
- Makes tough but necessary decisions in regards to discipline.
- Sets clear expectations and goals and holds others accountable for achieving them.
- Identifies and corrects mistakes immediately to provide hands-on learning experiences.
PASSION FOR THE GUEST: Ensures that every action and decision leads to an exceptional Guest experience Maintains visibility within the restaurant; models exemplary hospitality by engaging regularly with the Guests and interacting in a positive, sincere manner.
- Encourages Team Members to focus efforts and attention on going above and beyond to exceed guest expectations and create repeat visits.
- Effectively balances Guest needs with business needs.
- Utilizes Guest feedback to improve the Guest experience.
- Shows awareness of Guest needs and expectations; prevents problems before they occur.
- Follows up to ensure that Guest issues and complaints are addressed and resolved promptly.
- Shows attention to food quality/appearance, ticket times, and the fine details that define the overall Guest experience.
DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM-SOLVING: Thinks problems through, acts with urgency and always keeps the best interests of the business at heart when making decisions.
- Able to digest information quickly, boil it down, and identify relevant issues.
- Finds root causes in order to develop workable solutions to problems.
- Draws important connections and considers both short and long-term implications of decisions.
- Right or wrong shows the willingness to make the call and accepts responsibility for decisions and results.
- Evaluates various solutions to problems before taking action.
- Acts quickly and decisively when needed based on the need and urgency of the situation.