Purpose of the role:
My role will be to deliver excellent results in the Fulfilment department. I will be responsible for delivering all set KPI''s, lead times & all Admin tasks. I will role model my behaviours through being professional, leading by example and being innovative in everything I do.
Responsibilities of the role:
People: Working with the Day''s Section Manager, Day''s Supervisor and Colleagues to deliver results and ensure all KPI''s are met.
Operations: Resource Planning and Training, using innovative ways to improve processes.
Administration: Preparing paperwork to check off deliveries
Leadership: Always challenging process and make improvements to manual processes
Reporting: Maintain and grow all Operations reports ensuring accuracy of data.
Learning & Development: Complete pre and post learning and development activities
Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service to all
Personal: Take the opportunity to grow, develop and thrive and support others to do this
Health & Safety/Data Security: Comply with company policies & procedures including awareness of the current GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) regulations and the confidentiality required for my position.
- Excellent communication with colleagues at all levels
- Enthusiastic about technology, change and innovation, keen to keep up to date with current trends
- Flexible and adaptable with plenty of initiative
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
- Experience of Navision & Administration processes
- Attention to detail but in a fast-paced environment
What''s On Offer:
- Salary: £18,500 per annum
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday (37.5 hours per week)
- Colleague HUB Rewards (money off various different retailers, 24hr phone GP).
- Mentoring and training courses so you can progress and develop.
This role is based in our Stoke-on-Trent Head Office.