The Analyst Corporate Accounting will be responsible for carrying out compliance checks on Owned VAT return and Managed VAT calculations. Challenging teams and ensuring correct VAT has been booked. Following transactions from the VAT accounts to the source documents. The post holder will combine accounting, analytical and organisational skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the completion of monthly and quarterly VAT calculations and returns.
What will I be doing?
Under the direction and guidance of the Manager Corporate Accounting, the post holder will be charged with advising on current best practice. They will be instrumental in developing and delivering strategies ensuring Hilton''''s Centre of Excellence delivers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service and ensures a solid control environment
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and take the lead in building and maintaining strong business and 3rd Party relationships. Be able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role. The post holder will possess the capacity to effectively contribute towards a strong customer-focused ethos while ensuring that a robust control environment is maintained.
What are we looking for?
• Work with key stakeholders and departments to deliver appropriate levels of support
• Liaise with internal and external auditors
• Communicate progress against deliverables and project deadlines to manager
• Support the team to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of processes
• Manage cross-functional links to other finance teams
• Adhere to Management Reporting deadlines to ensure overall effectiveness
• Coordinate with third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer, software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled to arrive at appropriate accounting conclusions and disclosures.
• Perform activities in compliance with all Company policies as outlined in the global accounting policy manual.
• Execute, update and maintain accounting internal control policies and procedures and prepare supporting documentation to internal audit regarding completion of control procedures.
• Enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the department and Company.
• Complete tasks in compliance with required SOX controls, with peer reviews in place to test controls within the team. Highlight to Manager any potential issues in advance with recommendations for changes to controls where required
• Ensure departmental objectives and workload priorities are followed and achieved throughout the team, providing feedback as necessary.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Corporate Accounting responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries
• Analyzing data provided by HSSC team and identify if VAT should be charged
• Liasing with HSSC OTC team and ensuring VAT is charged correctly
• Carrying out compliance checks on Owned VAT return/Managed and Irish VAT calculation
• Review and change existing SOP''''s where necessary
• Train HSSC where necessary on new controls
• Carry out set amount of spot-checks and other controls
• Look for continuous improvement on UK & Irish VAT returns
• Completion of Balance Sheet Reconciliations, resolving reconciling items on a timely basis in line with policy and ensuring any ageing is appropriately explained.
• Ensure departmental objectives and workload priorities are followed and achieved, providing feedback as necessary
• Manage delivery against individual objectives and assigned projects and supports the delivery of team objectives
• Ensures all deadlines are met
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• Solid understanding of principles and practical application of GAAP and the ability to communicate this to stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative with 'can-do'''' approach, thriving under pressure in a fast paced environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
• Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
• Experience communicating and negotiating with all levels of management and external customers
• Finance or Accounting Degree
• To have relevant work experience in Accounting
• To have a BA/BS/Bachelor''''s Degree or equivalent
• To be studying or looking to study towards a qualification
• To have the ability to occasionally travel to Watford
• Strong knowledge of PeopleSoft
• Hotel level or industry experience
• VAT Return Experience
See descriptionRole: Interim Analyst, Corporate Accounting (Up to 12mths Fixed Term Contract) Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Glasgow, Scotland, ScotlandApply for this job now.