Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £10.39 per hour, Inc benefits
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Adult Learning Service Assistant at Bury Council. This is a Full-time role for the next 8 months, with the possibility of extension.
What is the role?
Bolton Council’s Adult Learning Services Team are looking for a Adult Learning Service Assistant to join their team and deliver a efficient and effective administrative/ business support function across the service.
What are your responsibilities?
- Provide an efficient and effective face to face reception, telephone and email service for all Centre users including learners, staff, members of the public and outside agencies.
- Deliver excellent customer care across the AL Service, ensuring users and learners feel comfortable with, and in control of, their learning, promoting equality, diversity, and Safeguarding.
- General office duties, e.g. design/maintain databases and spreadsheets; photocopying; process post; minute-taking; bookings/issues arising; equipment use/minor troubleshooting; mail merge; archiving; maintain inventories and appliance loan records, admin support for tutors, Curriculum Leaders and other managers; using a range of appropriate systems.
- Accept (re)payments, ensuring all transactions are correctly processed through receipting systems and that they are reconciled, secured, and banked in accordance with Council procedures. Raise requisition orders and process invoices as appropriate, e.g. stationery.
What skills do you Need?
- Previous experience Administration and or Business Support Officer experience
- You will need strong IT Skills, as you will be uploading important information onto internal systems.
- Working hours are 8.30am – 16.30pm Monday to Friday
- You will need to have excellent people skills, as you will be speaking to service users, families and other members of staff.
To receive a full job description please apply below or email your CV to