Due to expansion, we are hiring 2 professional HGV Drivers who have what it takes to be part of our great team. We are looking for both HGV Class 1 and HGV Class 2 drivers to perform varied and interesting work in London, around the UK and occasionally Europe.
Hammond Transport is a leading transport and logistics company based in Essex. We have a strong presence delivering into London and are FORS Gold accredited and Crossrail certified. We have a diverse client base working with some high-profile clients, we support the Event, Rail, Construction and Manufacturing industries with our Dedicated Transport services.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic HGV Drivers to join our team to fill HGV Class 1 and HGV Class 2 positions. You should have either a Class 1 or Class 2 licence (or both) and excellent knowledge of London and the UK road network. You will have experience in loading, securing and transporting varied cargo.
You must be flexible and happy with an early start, late finish and occasional nights away, and must have reliable transport to get to our depot in Billericay, Essex.
We will only accept qualified, experienced drivers with full driver CPC.
What will the HGV Drivers be doing?
- The HGV Class 1 Support Driver will be working Tuesday to Saturday, covering ad-hoc movements, customer collections, truck service delivery and holiday cover.
- The HGV Class 2 Driver will be working Monday to Friday performing Dedicated delivery services on behalf of our customers in London, around the UK and occasional Europe.
- Both positions involve keeping on top of customers' requirements, communicating clearly with clients and the transport office. Complying with Health and Safety and laws set out by the DVSA.
- Overtime is available
- Modern, high specification fleet of vehicles (air conditioning, fridge, microwave)
- Secure working conditions within an established company
- 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- A great team to work with
- Funded training and development including future on-going driver CPC training