The Shop Technician must be a safety conscious, self- motivated, hardworking individual. This is a full-time, entry level position that involves staging materials and equipment for upcoming jobs, loading trucks, making deliveries to job sites, and maintaining a clean and orderly shop. Good communication and organizational skills are required as well as the ability to follow directions.
- Coordinates with project managers to obtain materials, supplies, and equipment from vendors to mobilize jobs.
- Supports the ongoing, accurate delivery of materials, supplies, and equipment to meet project needs, on-time in accordance with project schedules
- Charges materials, tools, equipment and supplies to projects with proper documentation.
- Ensures hand tools are inspected, inventoried and tested prior to shipping to project sites
- Inspects and documents job boxes and trailers upon return to shop.
- Documents materials, tools, equipment and supplies returned from projects and turns into accounting.
- Identifies any missing or damaged tools, follows proper accounting procedures to document and charge appropriate projects to repair or replace missing/damaged.
- Assists with warehouse inventory control and tracking system
- Maintains accurate inventory and maintenance of all tools in shop.
- Sets up and interprets repair schedules, ensuring equipment is maintained in working order and according to standard
- Identifies need for replacement equipment and informs supervisor
- Organizes warehouse and shop to facilitate improved material, supplies, tool, and equipment organization for increased efficiency of warehouse and fabrication operation.
- General housekeeping duties such as trash removal, floor sweeping, grass cutting or snow removal.
- Other general duties that may be assigned by supervisors
- High School degree or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working independently in a shop environment is required
- Ability to bend and lift in excess of 75 pounds.
- Familiarity with construction materials (sealants, patching material, masonry) and equipment (hand tools, stand up and swing stage scaffolding) is preferred.
- Forklift training preferred
- General technological skills are necessary (computer, smart phone).
- Prior experience with materials or inventory management is preferred
- Familiarity with a wide range of mechanical skills is preferred, including repairing small tools.
- Ability to perform necessary mechanical repairs and maintenance on equipment is preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States, clear a background check, and maintain a drug-free status.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- $15/hour, overtime eligible
- Full-time (40 hours), 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Probationary period of 90 days
- Eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance after probationary period
- Eligible for 401(k) benefit after 1 year of service (if meet plan eligibility requirements)
- Potential for growth with company
Role: Shop Technician
Apply for this job now.