Company: ACCESS FAMILY SERVICES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Access Family Services and VAYA Health are partnering on a NEW Venture to develop Specialized Foster Homes for children with Autism. We are looking for individuals or couples interested in becoming Licensed Professional Treatment Foster Parents.
Do you value diversity, coaching, and learning? Professional therapeutic foster parents are critical partners in the clinical treatment process as they create a nurturing, structured and engaging environment for the youth to call home while they heal, learn and grow.
We recognize that each child is unique and their needs vary, so we are searching for committed adults with a desire to work with and support youth with Autism and their families. We need foster homes with trained, patient and reliable individuals across Asheville and surrounding areas eager to join our network!
Children enrolled in this program will receive evidence-based support in your home. You'll receive individualized training and support throughout the child's placement - at least TWICE every week. Our highly trained support team members will be there for you every step of the way.
In addition to all of the required trainings for licensure, License Professional Treatment Foster Parents in this program will receive a 40-hour course designed to teach all of the basics of living and working with a child with autism. No single course can prepare you for all children on the spectrum. Rest assured - ongoing support will be provided that is specific to you, your foster child and their needs.
We are actively recruiting in Asheville the surrounding areas for this unique pilot opportunity.
(Limited slots available- Act Now!)
Basic requirements of potential foster parents:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Single, Married or adult couples that are in civil or same sex unions
- Must have space/ spare Bedroom in the home
- Be physically, emotionally, and financially stable
- Must rent or own their home with internet and tech devices
- Be willing to work as a member of a professional team
- Be willing to help a child cope with trauma, separation, loss, and grief
- Be supportive of the child's biological family and participate in Shared Parenting
- Help the child preserve relationships as well as build new ones
- Spend time daily teaching children important life skills and focused positive interaction
- Comply with North Carolina State licensing standards for foster homes
Access Family Services provides our Treatment Foster parents and families:
- Case Management
- Weekly Communication/Support
- Extensive training of over 45 hours initially - Provided Virtually and In-Person
- Professional 24/7 support from highly qualified and credentialed staff
- Respite days (over nights)
- Monthly financial stipend for care (Increased stipend due Specialized status of Pilot)
If you are interested in learning more about joining our Foster Care Network complete the form or visit our website!