Company: CHICK-FIL-A LAKE WORTH SOUTH
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Role Description: Quality & Food Safety Director
Why does this role exist? Why do we need this role? What is unique to only this role?
The Quality & Food Safety Director serves as a member of the Director Team. This position focuses on the preparation, handling, and storage of food in such a manner to prevent any food related illnesses, maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant at all times, and ensuring all Chick-fil-A food is meeting quality requirements. Using prescribed systems and protocols, the food safety & quality specialist will use @CFA standard operating procedures, the Jolt system, and routine processes aimed at reducing and eliminating food related health hazards. The purpose of this position is to protect and safeguard the health of everyone who consumes the food.
What exactly should this person accomplish? How do we measure what great performance looks like?
- Safe Daily Criticals completion 100% at least 4x per day (Morning, Before Lunch, Before Dinner, After Dinner)
- Food Safety Score: no immediates/ high violations, no more than 2 combined medium or low violations
- eFSA (Self Select) completed weekly & key outcomes fixed and addressed with the team
- Create a team of food safety pros that can act as trainers for their areas
- Review the data our Market Food Safety Specialist presents and correct the behaviors to improve the score each time
- Walk with the Health Inspector & Safe representative to achieve 100% score
- Develop a food safety inspection ready restaurant All day, every day
- Complete 100% of the eRQAs on a weekly basis
Key Responsibilities and Disciplines
What responsibilities and leading disciplines will drive the Key Outcomes (listed above)?
- Coordinate and consult with local food regulatory bodies with respect to food safety and hygiene
- Educate and train team members on health guidelines, food safety policies, and health codes
- Study product and food formulations and preparation procedure to identify health hazards and points of concern
- Develop constructive and corrective strategies to address red flagged areas in food preparation
- Observe employees and daily procedures to assure quality control standards are met
- Conduct unannounced internal self-assessments (audits) for the restaurant to ensure processes are being followed
- Assess restaurant food safety practices based on guidelines and policies. Accordingly suggest corrections for improving a poor assessment.
- Determine if business is complying with regulations and policies regarding food safety & quality procedures
- Look for visible and physical evidence of pests and small animals that could cause contamination in the food preparation area
- Constantly update your knowledge and information on food safety by researching and studying for new methods of food safety and create systems to implement new procedures.
What skills are required that will drive the key outcomes?
- Determination/ Focus
- Next Level Leader thinking
- Influence to create other leaders around and Delegation to achieve results as a team
- $37,400 - $41,600 (based off $18-$20 per hour X 40 hours per week)
- Requires 2-3 year commitment
- Access to Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 401k Contributions (after 1 year)
- Access to Scholarships at $2,500 per year
- Sundays Off
- Leadership Development Resources
- Personality Assessment
- Discounts to Restaurants, Stores, Theme Parks, Gyms, Theaters, Hotels, Sporting Events, etc.
- Free Meals
- 90% Food Discount for Family Members
- Positive Work Environment