YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. has a great opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our team!
We offer competitive wages and benefits as well as the opportunity to join a team where your opinions and ideas matter.
Title: Quality Engineer
Reports to: Quality Manager
The Quality Engineer is to provide the quality-assurance support to the assigned program and/or to ensure that the product is built in accordance with customer and division quality requirements while maintaining production flow. They will also contribute to a work environment where fairness, equality and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
Reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions may be made.
- Ensures that product quality is attained in the assigned product group or program through fulfillment of workmanship standards and quality program requirements.
- Identifies and reports quality problems or trends in the assigned area or product based on data from a variety of sources.
- Recommends or implements the appropriate corrective action to quality problems in the assigned area with the aid of manufacturing engineering, design engineering, purchasing, etc.
- Reviews all documentation related to product quality in the assigned area, such as test procedures and operation sheets, and approves as appropriate to ensure product quality.
- Review quality trends associated with his/her assigned product or program and for participating in the generation and implementation of defect-reduction programs.
- Generates or implements defect-reductions activities.
- Writes product control plans and procedures.
- Performs internal audits, both Layered and System Audits.
- Works multi-function teams on Control Plan/PFMEA reviews.
- May perform a source inspection for Molded, Welded, or finish good inventory.
- Interface with the Customer from the corporate SQE to the in plant customer SQE to aid in good communication.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency, written and oral
- Project Management
- Results Driven
- Mathematical Skills
- Time Management
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office/manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the manufacturing environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp small items, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Working overtime or/on weekends may be necessary.
Expected travel for this position up to 25% of a given year and be able to ride as a passenger in a plane.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in an Engineering Discipline (Mechanical Preferred).
- Knowledge of Control Plans, FMEA and Process Flows.
- Plant Layout.
- CAD design for fixture or gauges needed.
- Knowledge of Basic Problems Solving Techniques.
- Understanding of Plant Manufacturing Techniques and Procedures.
- Microsoft Office Professional.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Familiarity in Injection and Blow Molding Processes.
- Familiarity with Major Automotive Company Web Sites for suppliers.
- 2-3 years of experience in an Automotive Industry.
- 3D Measurement Experience (read/interpret and lead program initiation with 3rd party).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Good Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to prepare and present information to all levels of Management.
- Able to perform well in high pressure situations.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must have valid working documents to work in the United States.
- Must be able to obtain a passport.
To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at YAPP USA will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination or harassment in the workplace. YAPP USA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight, height, familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. is a world class, Tier 1 automotive supplier specializing in design, engineering and manufacturing of automotive fuel system solutions. Using injection-molded and co-extrusion technologies together with our industry-leading product development know-how, we produce unique multi-layer blow-molded fuel management systems and components. Fuel tank and fuel transfer systems provide improved highly durable construction, greater space utilization and corrosion resistance.
YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. uses a proprietary blow molding process for filler pipe systems that enables a reduction in components required as well as improved product quality, for example, fuel filler pipes with molded in tabs and featuring multi-layer conductivity.
Role: Quality Engineer
Apply for this job now.