H&S Manager - Peterborough - up to £40,000 + attractive benefits package
Principal People are delighted to have exclusively partnered with a highly successful national transport and logistics company, specializing in the rail industry based in Peterborough with some travel required around the Midlands and London area.
This position is working within the Health and Safety Operations Department and will have a strong focus upon driving new behavioural safety initiatives throughout the business. The role will involve working with a range or operational stakeholders for the sites and strategy and initiatives are communicated through the senior leadership teams.
Why work for this company?
- A great deal of scope for this individual to make a real difference within the role.
- Lots of variation within the role and chance to get involved with new projects that arise in HSE and Occupational Health.
- Being part of a fully invested and growing team with excellent buy-in to Health and Safety from the business and Site Leader.
- The business is highly successful within their field, and are always investing heavily into the Health and Safety department
- Opportunity to work from home one day a week
The Key duties include:
- Supporting ongoing engagement of continuous improvement programmes, working closely with regional managers and operational managers to coach and influence them in health, safety, and environment.
- Contribute to the H&E strategy and direction.
- Proving support on risk assessments, safe systems of work and inspections, including briefing and training.
- Developing policies and procedures relevant to certification requirements
- Ensuring regional and operational managers are adhering to ISO 45001 and 9001 management systems standards and ensuring site keeps accreditations.
- Driving H&S performance forward onsite
The ideal will possess as a minimum:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- 5 + years of experience in a Health and Safety focussed role, ideally within rail, heavy engineering, manufacturing or transportation although this is not essential.
- Experience in Occupation Health would be a nice to have but not essential.
- Ideally experience working across multiple sites although again, not essential.
A salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience, plus all travel expenses covered by business, Private health care cover, life insurance 3 x salary, cycle to work scheme, cash plan benefits scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, and bonus. benefits will be rewarded to the successful applicant.
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on #removed#
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.