General Purpose of the Job
Coordinates flow of work within the Blow Molding Department of the manufacturing plant to expedite production as well as train, assign, and direct the work of associates to meet daily production goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the work of Molding Associates; includes training, performance management, management of PTO and No Pay/No Penalty approval and tracking for the shift.
- Reviews production schedule and work orders; assigns work and recommends changes to meet production goals.
- Oversees training of new associates; monitor progress; makes appropriate performance recommendations.
- Coordinates a training plan to train associates in new positions to increase flexibility and safety.
- Facilitates pre-shift meetings to inform associates of the day’s requirements and discuss pertinent topics.
- Monitors the shop floor continuously to provide a clean and safe workplace for our associates.
- Analyzes information related to machine performance and takes the appropriate course of action; makes routine adjustments or works with the maintenance department to ensure timely repair.
- Addresses associate concerns and takes or recommends appropriate action.
- Provides regular progress updates to Management Team as appropriate.
- Compiles reports concerning operations and downtime due to equipment failure or associate issues.
- Keeps associates informed of production planning and progress.
- Responds appropriately to production delays or downtime.
- Maintains awareness of inventory levels and requirements; maintains adequate supplies.
- Other tasks as required by Management
- Must be reliable in attendance and work successfully in a team environment.
Position supervises Associates in the Molding Department. Suggests or recommends actions which affect the employment of Associates; includes oversite and direction of concerns, injuries, inquires, etc.
Must be able to analyze manufacturing processes and make informed decisions. Requires excellent communication and training skills. Must have a basic understanding of plastics.
Education and/or Experience
Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, and operations manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of managers or associates.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variation, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point).
Other Skills and Abilities
- Forklift certification will be required (will train)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervisor or Team Lead: 1 year
- High school, Some college preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to talk or hear at moderate to loud noise levels. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Other physical requirements include the ability to repetitively lift an average of 30 to 50 pounds as well as frequently lift at shoulder level. Less frequent requirements would include twisting, crouching and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The performance of this position requires moderate exposure to the manufacturing areas that may require the use of personal protective equipment such as ear, eye, head and foot. Primary environment: cold or warm temperatures according to outside weather conditions.
Iceberg Enterprises is a small/medium US-based family-owned manufacturing business headquartered in Des Plaines, IL with manufacturing operations in Sturgis, MI. Iceberg provides furniture and office products solutions to big-box retailers, online retailers, and industry wholesalers. Iceberg also provides specialty contract blow-molding manufacturing and fulfillment solutions.
Iceberg Enterprises is a leading manufacturer of office furniture that fosters growth and collaboration for a lifetime. From concept to completion, every product we create is reminiscent of the cumulative depth of knowledge shared at Iceberg Enterprises. Piloted by two entrepreneurs since we opened our doors in early 2000, we have grown from a start-up to a multinational brand recognized by consumers all over the globe. Our office furniture is routinely acclaimed for modern designs, longevity, and multifaceted functionality. At Iceberg Enterprises, we masterfully envision, design, and manufacturer office furniture for diverse work applications and personal spaces. From start to finish, we’re hard at work ensuring that we deliver high-quality, durable office furniture. We rigorously test our office furniture to ensure that it will last now and for years to come. We confidently back all of our products with a 15-year limited manufacturer warranty.
Role: Blow Molding Department 3rd shift Group Lead/Supervisor
Apply for this job now.