Business Relationship Manager x 2
Hybrid 50/50 Split with office and Remote - Perth, Glasgow or Aberdeen.
BPSS Required One of the roles will need slightly different vetting
£550pd Inside IR35
6 month Contract
My client are looking for 2 experienced Business Relationship Managers to join the team on a 6 month contract. This will be to replace a current BRM & also to help cover the increased workload.
Your main responsibilities will be the following -
* To establish and nurture the relationship between the Business Directorates management team and IT
* To be the primary point of contact between a business directorate and IT for the development of their IT strategy and the portfolio of all development work.
* To understand the business goals and priorities to ensure these are reflected in the IT strategy and proactively support and manage change to ensure that the strategy is kept in line with evolving
business needs and priorities.
* To ensure the IT budget is spent effectively to meet business needs but also aligns with the IT strategy and delivers maximum return on investment.
* Manage the development of realistic Benefits case, ensure that these are tracked and delivered against on project closure
* To ensure Governance forums are established to ensure that the portfolio of agreed projects is delivered successfully and declared benefits are achieved
The Key Accountabilities we will be looking for -
* Works with the Senior IT Business Partner to develops a coherent 3 year IT Strategy for the Directorate and ensures that these programmes are prioritised with the business unit, have the
requisite funding and a clear agreed cost benefit analysis.
* Works with business and IT colleagues to manage the clarification of requirements, to plan implementation and to answer queries regarding scope through the development process across the
* Manages within the Directorate portfolio. Ensures production of all deliverables required to complete Stage gate 2 to quality and time plan ensuring a successful handover to appointed Project
manager for delivery phases. Initiates projects in order to achieve cost and timescale targets
* Works with the business to understand and prioritise conflicting needs across multiple projects within the Directorate portfolio.
* Undertakes personal responsibility for IT data security by ensuring that rules and practices are identified
* Manages the Identification and determines high-level end-to-end business processes to identify high-level requirements and project scope
* Presents business and technical concepts to process owners and business users
* Identifies and assesses business and IT risk
* Manages communications to Directorate Management team on progress of their agreed IT portfolio. Prepares succinct reports and communications that are tailored to different situations and
* Thoroughly understands at least one business area in operational and strategic terms
* Draws out and challenges the actual business need to be met and the benefits that will accrue should the need be met
* Works with the PMO to track spend against approved projects for business area re-prioritising work where necessary
* Manage relationship between 3rd party suppliers, the business and internal IT teams for new developments
* Work with procurement to identify vendors and service providers to support procurement process including input and review of contractual agreements
You will ideally have Experience with -
* Leading IT portfolios in a large organisation.
* All stages of the IT development lifecycle
* Can demonstrates a comprehensive breadth and depth of knowledge and experience of working in a complex project environment
You will have Business Knowledge in the following areas -
* Sound understanding of the clients IT Project development process and able to facilitate and gain agreement to improvements where required
* Able to visualise and articulate proposed solutions to business problems provided by design team to business areas
You should have these functional and technical Skills -
* Excellent Stakeholder management and influencing skills
* Good facilitation skills; enables people to reach agreement and develop work practices - challenges the business and strives to agree best practice
* Ability to work with all levels within the organisation, including senior management and executive
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.