Company: INTERIM HEALTH CARE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Medical Assistant as allowable under state law and under the direct supervision of a physician, performs clinical support and administrative tasks within the scope of his/her educational preparation, skill and knowledge.
- Prepares patients for examinations, testing and procedures.
- Obtains measurements of vital signs, height, and weight and records medical history.
- Assists the physician/nurse with examination and treatment of patient.
- Administers medication orally and intra-dermal, subcutaneous or intra-muscular injections as applicable to state law or regulations.
- Performs venipuncture for blood testing and the collection, preservation and processing of specimens.
- Performs clerical and administrative activities as assigned.
- Performs electrocardiograms (ECG), assists with x-ray procedures, and assistants in minor surgical procedures under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Performs “front office” functions including, but not limited to, answering the telephone, greeting and registering patients, completing and coding patient medical records, completing insurance forms for billing purposes, handling correspondences, scheduling appointments, and bookkeeping as qualified and assigned.
- May supervise non-licensed personnel (e.g. registration or front office staff, nursing assistants) within an office or clinic setting through task assignments, direction and evaluation of work completed.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent and
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistants program. Programs are accredited thru CAAHEP Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and ABHES Accrediting Bureau of Health Education schools.
- Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or Registration through the certifying Board of the American Medical Technologists, preferred but may no be required by contractors.
- One (1) year experience as a Medical Assistant within the last five (5) years.