Surgical Registered Nurse is responsible for the nursing activities related to care of the patient experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure. The Registered Nurse is a resource person and provides guidance to non-licensed personnel. The staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from 1 month through adolescence. The attached criteria based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards as they relate to age specific competency
· Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
· Minimum one year previous OR experience preferred
· Current Texas License as a Registered Nurse
· BLS required
· Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
· Possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and employees.
· Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to operating room nurse.
· Clinically proficient in operating room nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
Role: OR - RN / PRN, Shifts - TBD, M-F
Apply for this job now.