Teacher of Food Technology and Nutrition
- September start
- Permanent position on a Temp to Perm contract
- Flexible rates of Pay
The ideal candidate will have Qualified Teacher Status, having completed the PGCE or SCITT course as a route to QTS, and will have good knowledge of the Food Technology and Nutrition Curriculum to KS4.
As a subject the school are able to provide their pupils with a GCSE and life skills in culinary art, healthy eating and transferable skills such as teamwork, problem solving and creative thinking.
This subject offers both practical and theory based learning and is suitable for all types of learners and differing learning styles. Students are building on the basic culinary skills they have learnt to be able to cook with independence. The recipes at Key Stage 3 are designed so that students acquire basic skills as some may never have cooked or not cooked in a long time. Students will learn about the properties of ingredients and develop their understanding of food nutrition and food safety.
You will benefit from:
• An induction programme for all new staff
• Weekly training sessions and staff meetings to ensure effective communication and CPD from Teaching Personnel
• Ample on site car parking
• As a member of an established Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area
• Support from your Teaching Personnel Consultant throughut the process
Please apply with your updated CV below if you are available or interested in this position.