Kaizen is seeking senior (10+ years of experience) and mid-level (5+ years) candidates for the position of OD/BD Specialist to be based in the home office in Washington, DC, and to support Kaizen's projects around the world. We are also looking to build our roster of experienced OD consultants for a variety of upcoming long term and short term opportunities in various locations worldwide.
The OD/BD Specialist will be an integral part of Kaizen's core team and help the company win and implement important projects in the United States and abroad. Depending on the demonstrated capabilities and experience of the successful candidate(s), (s)he may oversee a team of colleagues. S/he will report directly to Kaizen's President. The three primary and equally important functions of this position are the following:Culture
Kaizen is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven, organizational and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 200 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, governance, economic growth, environment and water, energy, and global law enforcement. At Kaizen, organizational development is a foundational theme in all the work we do regardless of sector.Responsibilities
Technical Support and Oversight
- Provide technical instruction, guidance, strategic direction, and advice and support to Kaizen's portfolio of organizational development related projects, working with Chiefs of Party/Team Leaders, Project Managers, and others to ensure excellent delivery and full client satisfaction
- Providing technical oversight and quality control on project deliverables, workplans, activities, strategic pivots, staffing decisions, and other client decisions
- Identifying and resolving any implementation or other challenges that may arise during project implementation
- Acting as a field-based Chief of Party on an as needed basis
- Lead or participate in various other aspects of the capture and proposal development process, including proposal management, oversight, recruiting, corporate capabilities drafting, subcontractor selection and liaison, etc.
- Lead or participate in capture team positioning and preparing Kaizen for upcoming USAID proposals
- Write technical approaches for relevant prime proposals, and subcontractor inputs for select subcontracting activities
- Liaise with project management staff to ensure full integration of Kaizen's technical and administrative support for top-tier field team delivery
- Support efforts to train other Kaizen staff on effective organizational development and Kaizen's distinct approaches to organizational and locally led development
- Play varying roles on Kaizen strategic initiatives supporting the creation of innovative business models supporting local reform that is sustained through market forces
- Support efforts to strengthen Kaizen's brand and brand recognition with key partners and clients globally
- Note that the above is not exhaustive. This position requires an action oriented strategic thinker who is highly adaptable. The successful candidate will have a willingness and even eagerness to take on a wide array of tasks as needed, and to embrace full ownership of outcomes, regardless of the challenges and constraints that must be overcome to achieve them.
Minimum of 5 years of experience working on USAID funded initiatives or working directly with USAID
Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Minimum of 4 years of experience leading USAID proposal development including technical writing
Minimum of 4 years providing Organizational Development services to clients
Minimum Bachelors Degree
EnglishEqual Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.