We are currently seeking a Linux System Administrator / Engineer (with experience in High Performance Computing Cluster systems) for a long-term contract position in Tampa, FL.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The HPC Systems Administrator (HPC-SA) designs, develops, evaluates, and modifies software packages for the solution of scientific or engineering problems and for the support of research and development at the organization. The HPC-SA analyzes existing systems and formulates logic for new systems. The HPC-SA also devises logical procedures, prepares flow charts, performs coding, tests, and debugs programs. The individual will provide input for the documentation of new or existing programs, and determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. The HPC-SA will also contribute to decisions on policies, procedures, expansion strategies, and product evaluations for the HPC resources. This position is focused primarily on working with the High Performance Computing (HPC) Cluster system. While the HPC steering committee and others will provide general project direction, the individual must exercise their own judgment for daily implementation and maintenance. The HPC-SA applies technical expertise and background to work within a team of pure and applied scientists and software engineers to consult for and support scientific researchers who use HPC resources at the organization. The HPC-SA engages with principal investigators and their labs, core facilities, and individual researchers. This position creates and optimizes computational solutions to the specific scientific computing needs of each constituency; ensuring that the appropriate technology resources are identified and utilized optimally. This position consults on applicable software packages and algorithms, and assists in optimizing them for scalability and (massive) parallelization as needed.
- The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, and will be very engaged and hands-on with faculty and staff and will work closely with members of the Cancer Informatics Core scientific and administrative teams.
- The candidate will apply technical expertise and background knowledge to work within a team of pure and applied scientists and software engineers to consult for and support scientific researchers that use HPC resources.
- Implements cluster schedule administration, troubleshooting and application software maintenance.
- Report and monitor systems for usage and systems load.
- Investigate and implement new technologies within an HPC environment.
- Participate in cluster governance
- Provide training and education for cluster users.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience designing, developing and successfully administering or supporting UNIX based systems.
- Proficient in one or more of the following languages: python, Shell scripting, Java, C/C++
- Proficient in one or more of the following tools or packages: GIT, Trac, Modules, Fabric/Puppet, R or Matlab.
- Familiar with one or more of the following HPC cluster scheduling software: Altair PBS Works, OpenPBS or MOAB.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and networking concepts and tools.
- Working knowledge of protocols such as SSH, DNS, DHCP and LDAP.
- Preferred qualifications include: experience with Rocks Avalanche installer, experience with cluster file systems and enterprise storage systems, experience working in a scientific environment, ability to use logical and principled approaches in troubleshooting software and hardware issues, ability to navigate in a heterogenous computing environment including UNIX/Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
Please only apply if you have the required skills
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. (No sponsorship)
No third-party C2C’s on this position.
SelectPro is a U.S. based technology professional services firm. Our team has decades of experience providing consulting and resource solutions to Clients throughout the United States. Our Clients are companies of all sizes, ranging from new start-ups to large enterprises who seek expertise in the latest technologies.
Role: Linux System Administrator / Engineer (with High Performance Computing
Apply for this job now.