**THIS IS A TEMP TO HIRE POSITION** *1st Shift: (Mon - Thurs 6AM - 4:30PM) Fri (6AM - 2:30PM) 2nd Shift: (Mon - Thurs 4:30PM - 3AM) Fri (4:30 PM to 1 AM)*
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills or lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills or lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; trimming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs. Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Understands and adheres to organizational and department policy and procedures. Maintains job-related confidentiality.
- Resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asks for assistance from appropriate supervisor/HR as needed.
- Communicates respectfully at all times. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Operates with a sense of teamwork.
- Proven experience as CNC operator/machinist
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- Good communication abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
- Successfully completed apprenticeship is required
**Experience level: Intermediate, 3 years minimum, knowledge of Fanuc controls, basic tool editing/entry, programming experience is a plus.
NESC is a full service staffing agency providing work on a contract/temporary and permanent basis locally, regionally and nationally. Full Service to us means that we are committed to developing and maintaining relationships with our contractors and client companies.
NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.
Role: CNC Machinist (VMM)
Apply for this job now.