Company: RANDSTAD EDUCATION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £80 - £90 per day
Are you looking to make a real difference in education?
We are recruiting for a specialist provision for learners aged 11 to 16 whose needs cannot be met within a mainstream environment. All students have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) in relation to their Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
In this role you will be at the forefront of making life changing differences to a group of young people who deserve the same high level of education as their peers, you could be playing a key role in providing an invaluable programme of education for vulnerable students who present challenging behaviours. You will provide support for our students, ensuring that the education provision is of a high quality and that students are supported, motivated and challenged.
As a Teacher Assistant you will need to be resilient. Ideally, you will have a good standard of education, however the role is supportive. You will need to learn aspects of behaviour management and possess the skills and attributes to implement strategies and utilise de-escalation to diffuse behavioural issues. In addition, we are looking for candidates with:
- Knowledge of SEN & safeguarding of children.
- High expectations of student's behaviour and clear strategies for working with challenging students.
- Ability to work independently, supported by the teacher, with groups of or individual students.
- Ability to work at an advanced level with the teacher in planning and delivery of teaching activities (including those defined in Individual Education Plans).
- Experience of working with children with EAL, SEN, speech and languages difficulties or other complex needs.
If you have the passion, resilience and determination to make a difference this really is a great opportunity to become part of a small team where you can see the impact your interventions are having. Join us and help change young people's lives for the better.
If you believe that you can bring passion and energy to your work with the young people then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV to